Jumpin' Jim's The Bari Best

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,Music

Jumpin' Jim's The Bari Best Details

(Ukulele). At last! Here is the only songbook arranged especially for baritone ukulele (DGBE) tuning. 30 great songs, including: Heart and Soul * The Christmas Song * Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue * Georgia on My Mind * When I'm Sixty-Four * I'll See You in My Dreams * Makin' Love Ukulele Style * Moon River * Blue Skies * and many more. Also includes a complete chord chart, vintage baritone uke advertising, and the history of the Favilla baritone uke by Tom Favilla.

Reviews

As a bassist who plays a little bit of guitar, I purchased a baritone ukulele, because I thought it would be a bit easier to transition to and play reasonably well. I bought Jumpin' Jim's The Bari Best at the same time (along with Hal Leonard Baritone Ukulele Chord Finder), and I'm glad I did: if you have experience as a musician, and want to move to a different instrument, this is a good choice. You start right in playing some great songs - "Lullaby of Birdland," "Crazy," "Tennessee Waltz," etc. - and, as another reviewer noted, building up your chord arsenal. The hardest thing for me has been getting used to reading treble clef. The point is that you can jump right into this book if you have musical experience, but if you don't, you should start with one of the primers first. Also, this book does not have tablature. That does not bother me, because figuring out my own fingerings is part of the fun; but if you refuse to learn to read music, this book will not suit you. The book also has some historical information about the baritone ukulele. Highly recommended for the experienced-but-new-to-uke player.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel